Join Our Team as a Part-Time Food Aid Organizer! 🌟
Are you passionate about making a meaningful difference in the lives of vulnerable residents? The New Lynn Coalition's Food Aid Grocery Delivery Aid program needs your help!
Our Food Aid Grocery Delivery Aid program is dedicated to delivering free, fresh groceries to 721 homes across the city of Lynn. We serve the most vulnerable members of our community who struggle to access food pantries due to various challenges. Currently, our program depends heavily on the support of volunteers to ensure its success.
Position: Part-Time Food Aid Organizer
- 12 hours per week (with the potential for future additional hours based on project expansion and funding availability)
- $25 per hour as 1099 contractor depending on experience
or $22.5 /hour before tax deduction as W2 Employee
- Passion to help the cause
- Basic knowledge of data management and computer usage to run calling and routing software (Training will be provided with ongoing support)
- Must have a Massachusetts driving license with a good record
- Ability to drive the van and lift grocery bags
- Spanish-speaking preferred but not required
Training and Support:
- Extensive orientation and training will be provided for the smooth operation of grocery deliveries
- Ongoing support to ensure success in your role
Basic Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Mondays (3 Hours):
- Manage the phone calling system and routes for Tuesday and Thursday deliveries
- Make calls and use software to create efficient delivery routes
- Attend staff meetings to coordinate efforts
- Tuesday (3 Hours - Delivery Day):
- On delivery days (every other week), sort out the food into bags
- Assist in coordinating with volunteers for bag sorting
- Assist in delivering the groceries
- Tuesday (3 Hours - Non-Delivery Day):
- Conduct outreach to the community via social media, phone calls, and emails to Recruit volunteers for groceries delivery driver roles
- Also Reach out to local businesses, non-profit groups, churches, temples, mosques, and other organizations for volunteer driver
- Update and maintain records of the volunteer
- Thursday (3 Hours):
- Assist with grocery deliveries (every week)
- Friday (2 Hours):
- Update recipients contacts
- Respond to voicemails and inquiries
Additional Responsibilities (Optional):
- Additional Hours (3-5 Hours, as Needed):
- Drive the delivery van to ensure groceries are delivered to recipients in the event of a volunteer shortage
Special Note: Promising Job Opportunity with Growth Potential
The Food Aid Program is currently in its expansion phase through the means of the American Rescue Plan Act, awarded to the New Lynn Coalition. It is the long-term vision of the Food Aid Program to occupy its own space, enabling evening food pantry hours for working-class people who are unable to make traditional pantry hours (typically in the morning to midday).
Job Progress and Advancement:
- Weekly hours can be increased based on evaluation and contingent upon funding availability.
- Food Aid Organizers' progress will be regularly evaluated, creating opportunities for career advancement within the program.
If you're ready to be part of a team that brings essential support to those in need and are looking for a role with potential for growth, we want to hear from you!
How to Apply:
To apply for this rewarding part-time position, please send your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications to [email address].
Join us in making a positive impact on our community through the Food Aid Grocery Delivery Aid program at the New Lynn Coalition!