Job Re-Advertisement: LCEP Coordinator Position Open on a Rolling Basis Position Name: LCEP Coordinator ( Part time)
The Lynn Community Enrichment Program is an adult education evening program, a partnership of the New Lynn Coalition and the Lynn Public Schools. It has provided both job related training like Oil Burner Technician and welding as well as enrichment programs like English and Spanish and Computer classes in Spanish and Haitian Creole.
The New Lynn Coalition is made up of community, faith, and labor organizations. Our mission is to organize all sectors of working-class people in our region into a unified, permanent, political, and economic force that is union and non-union, and transcends racial, linguistic, ethnic, citizenship, faith, and gender boundaries. We work to build ties with other allies as well.LCEP Coordinator QUALIFICATIONS:
LCEP Coordinator RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree AND equivalent experience preferred. If not, High School Diploma/ GED AND 3 years or more of related experience to this position
- Proven written and verbal communications skills. Proficiency in a language other than English, preferable, but not limited to
- Strong ability to utilize Microsoft Suite, the internet, social media and news outlets to promote the program and its classes
- Basic ability to understand payroll planning
- Ability to work evening hours and some weekend hours
- Strong interpersonal skills, leadership and relationship-building for existing professional networks and developing new ones
- Demonstrated ability to organize and run a fundraising or promotional event, phone or email campaign
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and manage several tasks at the same time
- Strong ability to promote and market LCEP to different outlets, connections and social media
- Commitment to social justice and DEI
- Maintain and keep update LCEP Website. Coordinate changes and update of the sessions
- Plan, coordinate and execute the logistics for classrooms and the use of the building
- Plan, coordinate and organize instructors for the sessions. If instructor is new to work for LCEP, give orientation and fill out proper paperwork
- Observe, monitor and provide feedback to instructors
- General administrative and managerial functions before each session, during the session, at the end of each session and in between sessions.
- File Management of proper paperwork for students and instructors
- Responsible for the administration of money, expenses and registrations for each session. Present Financial Reports to LCEP Board and the Finance Department.
- Overview LCEP social media and inquiries generated by the website
- Overview of the Marketing and Promotion for classes, sessions and LCEP in general
- Enrollment Coordinator for new students, repeat students and prospects
- Plan, coordinate and conduct LPS ParaProfessional testing
- Essential Knowledge of computer software to conduct paraprofessional testing.
- Identify potential classes or programs that will support public interest and needs, collaborate with partners or organizations to develop it, recruit instructor and promote new class
- Engage with community agencies, local businesses, alumni groups and networking leads to establish business relationships for potential classes and programs in demand or interest to the community.
|LCEP Board and LPS Superintendent|
|Tanveer Malik, NLC Executive Director and LPS Superintendent|
|20 hours/ week . $35,000/year (many weekend days and evenings.)|
|DEADLINE TO APPLY ||August 22, 2023|
Letters of introduction and resumes can be sent to Tanveer Malik, New Lynn Coalition, at 112 Exchange St., suite 306 Lynn MA., 01901. Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB August 14, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Kindly mention the title of position in the subject line for which you are applying.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
| New Lynn coalition|
112 exchange street suite 306 Lynn MA 01901